There are plenty of ways to enjoy Pittsburgh in the winter, no matter your interests, taste buds or even the weather.
Winter in Pittsburgh is chilly, snowy and loads of fun. With winter festivals, slopes, ice skating and plenty of indoor entertainment, it’s a great time of year for visitors.
What to Do
- Warm up at one of Pittsburgh’s eclectic, cozy coffee shops like De Fer Coffee & Tea, Black Forge Coffee House or Adda Coffee & Tea House. Or, grab a delicious steaming bowl of soup at Smiling Banana Leaf, Patti’s Pasticceria or EatUnique Café.
- Not a fan of cold weather? No worries! There are plenty of indoor attractions and activities to explore. Spend an afternoon at the Mattress Factory – a must-see contemporary art museum. Visit the Clemente Museum and learn about humanitarian and baseball legend, Roberto Clemente. Or, take in an exciting Pittsburgh Penguins game at PPG Paints Arena.
Two Hours in Pittsburgh
Even if you are short on time during your stay in Pittsburgh, there are a few things worth checking off the list.
- No matter how much time you have in town, you’ll get into the spirit by visiting the People’s Gas Holiday Market in Pittsburgh’s Market Square. This German-style pop-up brings the festivity with local shops, live music and even special appearances by Santa himself!
- Stop by the Pittsburgh Winery in the Strip District to sample some locally-made wine in a beautiful setting. Stick around for a while or grab a bottle or two to go. They make great gifts, too!
- Short on time but want the scoop on the ‘Burgh while you’re in town? The Heinz History Center is the perfect one-stop-shop for all things Pittsburgh. Explore the history, inventions, sports teams and icons that have make this city what it is today.
With the right outfit and a festive attitude, there are so many ways to enjoy Pittsburgh in the winter. So bundle up and make the most of your trip to the 'Burgh in the snowy season. We'll see you there!