Thinking of attending college in Pittsburgh?
Coming for a campus visit? Look no further for information on hotel accommodations, restaurants and events to make your stay hassle-free and successful. Every campus has dorms and classrooms and activities. For a truly unique learning experience, visit Pittsburgh's rich arts, cultural, historical and outdoor attractions.
Pittsburgh is home to many world-class educational institutions, including Carnegie Mellon University, the University of Pittsburgh, Duquesne University, La Roche, Point Park University, Robert Morris University and Chatham University among others.
Tips to help you make the most of your campus visit:
- Make an appointment - confirm college tour times and interviews.
- Book your travel in advance - visitpittsburgh.com offers information on hotels, restaurants, events, coupons and more.
- Allow enough time - spend at least a half day at each school you're interested in attending.
- Create an itinerary - budget your time and create a plan.
- Plan something special - leave time for fun! Go to a ball game or on a hike, have dinner Downtown, see a show.
- Remain objective
- Interview the school. Relax, be yourself and come up with a good list of questions.
- Get lost - venture to where the action is. Talk to students. Attend a class. Get a true sense of the personality and offerings of the school.
- Take good notes and lots of photos
- Study the region - half of your education will happen outside the classroom and off-campus.
- Be realistic - seek comfort, not perfection.