There are plenty of ways to enjoy Pittsburgh in the summer, no matter your interests, taste buds or even the weather.
Summer in Pittsburgh is all about the outdoors. From enjoying public festivals and live music to cruising the river and riverfront trails, Pittsburgh shines in the summer.
What to Do
- Spend a day at Kennywood and enjoy the many thrills and turns at the park selected as the National Amusement Park Historical Association’s Favorite Traditional Amusement Park.
- On a hot summer day, be sure to make a visit to Sandcastle Waterpark, home to 15 exciting water slide attractions, the Mon-Tsunami Wave Pool, Lazy River and a boardwalk full of tasty treats. Don’t forget your sunglasses and sunscreen!
- Prefer land activities? Enjoy beautiful riverfront views and an intense soccer match while supporting the Pittsburgh Riverhounds at Highmark Stadium.
Two Hours in Pittsburgh
Whether you’re in town for an event with a few hours to spare, or just passing through, there are a few must-see things in Pittsburgh that can be experienced in only a few hours.
- There is bound to be something fun happening in Point State Park, especially during the summer. You may experience a festival or live music, or you could keep it simple and fly a kite or check out the iconic fountain.
- It doesn’t have to be Tuesday to enjoy tacos in Pittsburgh! Nothing beats a good pop-up taco stand and Las Palmas is the best. Try their Oakland or Brookline locations. In Bloomfield you’ll find Baby Loves Tacos, and Bull River Taco in Squirrel Hill hits the spot as well.
- Take advantage of Pittsburgh’s 24 miles of riverfront trails while you are here in the summer. Whether you enjoy biking, walking or just relaxing on a city bench, you will take in the views and warm breeze that will make you fall in love with the city.