PITTSBURGH – VisitPITTSBURGH announced today the official relaunch of its KidsBURGH® promotion just in time for summer.
The promotion, slated to run through Aug. 10, features the free KidsBURGH® 2023 Passport, a gamified activity pass powered by Bandwango. The mobile-exclusive enhancement allows visitors to earn prizes for checking in at participating family-friendly attractions as well as access to passholder-only deals and discounts redeemable at select locations. Plus, it is easily accessible and delivered via text, eliminating the need to download yet another phone app.
“We have proudly called Pittsburgh KidsBURGH for many years thanks to the countless unique, affordable attractions and activities available for all ages,” VisitPITTSBURGH Presiendt & CEO Jerad Bachar said. “Where else can you go from riding thrilling coasters to discovering exotic birds, walking among dinosaurs to exploring space? And that’s just the beginning of what kids and families can find only in Pittsburgh.”
Featured 2023 KidsBURGH® partners include:
- Carnegie Museum of Natural History – Carnegie Museum of Natural History, one of the four Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh, is among the top natural history museums in the country. It maintains, preserves, and interprets an extraordinary collection of millions of objects and scientific specimens used to broaden understanding of evolution, conservation, and biodiversity in service of its mission: to deepen wonder and advance understanding of our natural world—past and present—in order to embrace responsibility for our collective future.
- Carnegie Science Center – Your stellar summer awaits on the North Shore of Pittsburgh! From four floors of exhibits to live science demonstrations, we’ve got the solution for out-of-this world experiences. Land in a Martian settlement and see what it takes to thrive on a new planet. Explore distant galaxies in one of the nation’s most advanced Planetariums, tour a real Cold War submarine, and compare your pitching skills to Pittsburgh Pirates closer David Bednar in Motion Lab in Highmark SportsWorks®. Add on VIKINGS: Warriors of the North Sea to experience Viking life through rare artifacts and activities.
- Idlewild & Soak Zone – Idlewild & SoakZone is your ticket to family fun! Named “Best Kids’ Park” by Amusement Today, and “Best Park for Families” by the National Amusement Park Historical Association, it offers classic amusement rides, a complete waterpark, live entertainment and unique attractions like Story Book Forest and Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood!
- Kennywood – Kennywood is Pittsburgh’s Thrill and Entertainment Destination. Celebrating 125 seasons of fun in 2023, the National Historic Landmark amusement park offers a mix of modern thrills and classic rides, including eight roller coasters, a 12-ride Kiddieland, lands themed to Thomas & Friends™️ and the Pittsburgh Steelers, and several attractions that cannot be found anywhere else. Founded as a trolley park in 1898, Kennywood provides unforgettable fun for all ages.
- Moonshot Museum – The first American lunar landers since Apollo are being built right here in Pittsburgh, and Moonshot Museum offers an unprecedented opportunity to get up close and behind the scenes of the 21st century space industry. This is a museum like no other – one where you can watch the real-time assembly of lunar spacecraft in Astrobotic’s clean room lab and explore interactive space exhibits from engineering a rover to designing a mission patch. Come to Moonshot Museum and find your place in space!
- National Aviary – The National Aviary is home to a diverse collection of more than 500 birds representing more than 150 species and is America’s only independent indoor nonprofit zoo dedicated to birds. The Aviary’s expansive, naturalistic habitats create a unique experience for guests as birds fly freely overhead. Interactive feedings, Animal Encounters, and immersive bird shows provide National Aviary visitors opportunities to meet species rarely found in zoos anywhere else in the world.
- Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC – Established in 1999, Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC is Pennsylvania’s oldest professional soccer team and one of the longest-operating pro soccer teams in the United States. The team plays its home games at Highmark Stadium, which opened in 2013 as a team-owned, soccer-specific stadium in Pittsburgh’s South Shore neighborhood. The team is an original member of the USL Championship, which began play in 2011 and has grown to become the world’s largest second-division pro soccer league. Purchase your tickets here.
- Pittsburgh Zoo & Aquarium – Join us as we build a future for wildlife at the Pittsburgh Zoo & Aquarium! Journey through different areas of the Zoo, featuring more than 8,000 animals from 600 species. You may even see some of the newest residents: a baby gorilla and two Amur leopard cubs. The Zoo is fun for the whole family and one of only a handful of zoo and aquarium combinations in the country. Plan your visit today!
- Sandcastle Waterpark – Nestled next to a boardwalk overlooking the Monongahela River and a beautiful wooded hillside, Sandcastle Waterpark in Pittsburgh is the perfect destination for summer fun! Featuring sixteen waterslides, two full size pools, two children's play areas, a lazy river, and The Sandcastle Bridge Bar & Grill, the park has something to do for everyone!
- Senator John Heinz History Center – With six floors of exciting exhibits and activities, the Heinz History Center is the perfect place to learn from the past while making unforgettable family memories. Explore the Neighborhood of Make-Believe featuring the original set and puppets from “Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood.” Design Pop Art, construct bridges, and more in the interactive Discovery Place, or slide down the “Liberty Tube” in the museum’s Kidsburgh exhibit. Throw a touchdown pass to legendary Steelers and score the winning goal for the Penguins inside the two-floor Western Pennsylvania Sports Museum. Don’t forget to punch your SmartSteps stamp card on all six floors of the History Center to receive a FREE Heinz pickle pin!
Learn more about KidsBURGH® and plan your next trip to Pittsburgh at VisitPITTSBURGH.com.
Follow VisitPITTSBURGH on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and be sure to track and spread the message using #LovePGH.
VisitPITTSBURGH is the official tourism marketing and promotion agency of the Pittsburgh region. The organization is dedicated to generating business events, sports events and leisure travel.