If your dad is anything like mine - a total Yinzer - there's no better way to celebrate a day dedicated to him other than the city he was born and raised in. For a lot of us, we know the ins and the outs of the city thanks to our Dads' stubborn refusal to sit in traffic in the Tubes or the Parkway (often times I only know how to get places from the backstreets!) Celebrate Dad, whether he's from the Steel City or just visiting with these fun and Dad-centric events happening on June 19th, 2016.
- The 2016 U.S. Open Championship is happening for ninth time at Oakmont Country Club, marking an important record - Oakmont has hosted the Championship the most times in history! All the action starts swinging on the 13th, and comes to a close on the 19th - perfect time for you and dad to hang. Fore! For tickets and information, visit the official U.S. Open Website.
- What's better than taking your dad to the zoo? Taking your dad to the zoo when he can get in for free! Fathers from all ages get in free to the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium on Father's Day when accompanied by their child.
- Motorcycles + Kennywood = The perfect day out for Dad. Kennywood is bringing a ton of motorcycles and other high octane vehicles and plopping them right down in the middle of Kennywood. Haven't sold you on the motorcycles? How about a buy one, get one free ticket deal? I thought so. See you there.
- Is your dad the artsy type? Then I got a party for you. The Mattress Factory are opening their doors for free fun for everyone! There's a ton of stuff happening at the museum including a hula hooping workshop, face panting, a photo booth, food, music and so much more!
- A day full of classic cars, food, shopping, music and more is sure to charm Dad. Not only that, but it's FREE and open to the public! Now that's a good deal.