Discover something new in the old town of Sewickley, located 11 miles from downtown.
With tree-lined streets, independently-owned boutiques and variety of eateries, the quaint neighborhood with a history spanning from the mid-1700s is as charming as it is walkable. From upscale and eclectic to sweet and sassy, there are scores of stores to tempt the heartiest of shoppers. You'll find art galleries amid classic book stores and cutting-edge jewelry shops near old-fashioned candy stores.
Stately and sophisticated. Charming yet contemporary.
- Check out the Sewickley Farmers Market for live demos and taste-tests from local chefs
- Shop under the stars at the summer Night Markets
- Celebrate the holidays with old-fashioned fun at Yuletide in Sewickley
- Find the perfect restaurants for date night or a casual night out with friends
- Revitalize and restore your body with a fitness class or spa day
"Sewickley" is believed to be an Indian word meaning "Sweet Water." Historians dispute whether Native Americans were referring to the nearby Ohio River as the "sweet water" or syrup derived from the plentiful local maple trees.
One More Thing
Sewickley is home to the largest outdoor memorial honoring the Tuskegee Airmen, the first group of African American pilots to fight in WWII, many of whom came from this area.