Shadyside, where boutiques, shops and galleries mingle with national retailers in a neighborhood of tree-lined streets, historic homes, hip events and distinctive restaurants.
And most everything is within walking distance. The large residential area includes beautifully restored Victorian mansions alongside modern homes and condos. This East End neighborhood, with three separate business districts – Ellsworth Avenue, Walnut Street and S. Highland Avenue – is one of Pittsburgh's toniest, and is conveniently located about six miles from Downtown.
Upscale hip. Earthy undertones. Savvy style with modish sensibilities and an academic-fringe factor.
- Get your art on at the Pittsburgh Center for the Arts
- Visit Roslyn Place, said to be the only street in the country to use wood as a paving material
- Dine al Fresco along the hidden side streets
- Kick up your heels during the Summer Jam on Walnut
- Walk across the artful pedestrian bridge to revitalized Eastside
Before it was developed in the mid 1800s, Shadyside was filled with woods and farmlands – complete with shady lanes.
One More Thing
Enjoy 50+ dog-friendly businesses in Shadyside – whether you're shoe shopping or dining on the patio, dogs are welcome here!