A grand view awaits atop Mt. Washington, one of the most visited neighborhoods in Pittsburgh.
Running the length of the mount, Grandview Avenue provides unique vantage points of Pittsburgh's beautiful skyline. "Restaurant Row" boasts stunning views coupled with elegant, fine dining. Pull yourself away from the view on Shiloh Street for delicious ice cream, yummy baked goods, ice cold beer and bountiful breakfasts. Mt. Washington is a feast for the eyes...and the tummy too!
Awe-inspiring and uplifting. A dog-walker's paradise. Millionaires and just plain folk.
Things to Do
- Go up and down the mountain on the two inclines
- Wine and dine with a view
- Sample Grandview Bakery's sweet confections
- Hike the newest city park, Emerald View, densely wooded yet extremely urban
- Catch your breath and a photo at the "Point of View" statue
Young George Washington once stood along what is now Grandview Avenue and mapped the land and rivers below for the British who lay claim to the forks of the Ohio River.
One More Thing
Just a few blocks from Grandview is Chatham Village, a unique residential garden community that's been named a National Historic Landmark thanks to its landscaping, architecture and 1930's experimentation with alternative housing.
More Fun Pittsburgh Experiences