BYOC "Build Your Own Cup" Contest and More as Hockey Fever Spreads
PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania – VisitPENSBURGH (aka VisitPITTSBURGH) congratulates the Pittsburgh Penguins for their outstanding year and making it all the way to the Stanley Cup Finals! Let's go, Pens!
To cheer the team on to victory, VisitPENSBURGH is holding a BYOC "Build Your Own Cup" Contest, where fans are invited to create their own version of the Stanley Cup using everything from aluminum foil to butter—or anything in between. Creator of the best-looking cup will receive a pair of tickets to Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals (or, if not necessary, the 2016-17 season opener.)
The BYOC "Build Your Own Cup" Contest will work like this:
- Penguins' fans will create a cup, using Do It Yourself skills – any size, any material will do. (Extra point if you’re able to drink out of it!)
- Email a photo of the cup by noon on Wednesday, June 1, to: email@example.com and include your name and phone number
- Post the photo on social media channels using BOTH #lovePGH AND #BYOC
- Creators of the three best BYOC entries (as judged by VisitPENSBURGH staff) will be notified on June 1. They will be asked to bring their cups to the WELCOME Pittsburgh Information Center and Gift Shop, located in Fifth Avenue Place, downtown, on Thursday, June 2.
- The winner will be selected on Friday, June 3. (Details to come.)
Here is what else is happening at VisitPENSBURGH to cheer on the Pens:
- "Stanley Cupcakes" will be given out at VisitPENSBURGH's WELCOME Pittsburgh Information Center and Gift Shop in Fifth Avenue Place, downtown, on Friday, June 3, from 10 a.m. until they run out.
- Pens fans are invited to get their photo taken in a life-sized Penguins cutout at the WELCOME Pittsburgh Information Center and Gift Shop all next week.
- To help spread the word, visitpittsburgh.com will serves as "Pens Central" for Penguins fans everywhere. The website will list a roundup of the many Stanley Cup-related activities taking place in and around the city. Check back often as this is sure to be a growing list.