Disover how tourism helps Pittsburgh residents and businesses.
Travel and Tourism = Economic Solution
The travel and tourism industry is a SOLUTION to Pennsylvania's economy.
- Visitor spending in Allegheny County amounted to $5.95 billion in 2016.
- State and local tax revenue generated by visitors is estimated at $373.7 million - which translates to each Allegheny County household saving $705 a year on taxes.
- More than 41,529 jobs in Allegheny County are directly supported by this industry.
Yes, it's true. Visitor spending in Allegheny County amounted to $5.98 billion.
Here's the breakdown:
- Lodging $766.8 million
- Food & Beverage $1.2 billion
- Transportation $1.83 billion
- Retail $53 million
- Recreation $1.19 billion
Data Source: PA State Tourism Office, "The Economic Impact of Travel in Pennsylvania" for calendar year 2016, released in April 2018
For more information on the importance of travel and tourism to Pennsylvania's economy, go to patourismequalsjobs.com.
VisitPittsburgh is the official tourism promotion agency for Pittsburgh and Allegheny County. We are dedicated to bringing conventions, trade shows and leisure travelers to the Pittsburgh region.