VisitPITTSBURGH welcomes travel journalists to experience all the this beautiful city has to offer. We are offering a host of organized, themed press tours in 2014 and we welcome qualified media professionals to participate. The Communications team can also arrange individual press tours, as well.
2014 Press Tour Schedule
Pittsburgh is Kidsburgh!
Thursday, June 26 - Saturday, June 28
RSVP by Wednesday, June 11
- Get up-close-and-personal with over 600 birds, including penguins, at the National Aviary
- Spend the day flying high on the Skycoaster at Kennywood Amusement Park
- Dig for dinosaur bones at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History
- Attend a Pittsburgh Pirates baseball game at beautiful PNC Park, one of the best ballparks in the MLB
Play in Pittsburgh!
Tuesday, August 19 - Thursday, August 21
RSVP by Friday, August 1
- Kayak Pittsburgh's three rivers
- Bike on a handful of the 24-miles of riverfront trails
- Watch the Pittsburgh Pirates take on the Atlanta Braves at beautiful PNC Park
- Hike through one of the largest city parks
- Zipline with Go Ape, Pennsylvania's best treetop adventure park
Under the Radar
Wednesday, September 17- Friday, September 19
RSVP by Friday, August 29
- Explore Pittsburgh's lesser-known attractions
- Get creeped out at the Center for PostNatural History tests the relationship between culture, nature and biotechnology by altering living organisms through selective breeding and genetic engineering
- Be scared at Trundle Manor which houses the finest collection of frightening and weird items on display in Pennsylvania, such as jarred specimens, medical implements, and bizarre weaponry
- Get a snapshot of Photo Antiquities, a museum of photographic history and antique camera and viewing devices
- Ride back in time at Bicycle Heaven, the largest collection of bikes and parts in the United States
- Sing and dance along at the Pittsburgh Banjo Club
Lights! Camera! Pittsburgh!
The Official Pittsburgh Film Office Tour
Thursday, October 9 - Saturday, October 11
RSVP by Wednesday, September 24
- Check out local places where major movies have been filmed
- Browse the Strip District, on outdoor marketplace, where Adventureland, Jack Reacher and The Lifeguard were filmed
- Short stop at PNC Park, home to the Pittsburgh Pirates, where Abduction was filmed
- Grab a bite to eat at Market Square, Pittsburgh's European piazza, where Inspector Gadget, Unstoppable and She's Out of My League were filmed
- Tour the beautiful Omni William Penn hotel where Dark Knight Rises, The Clearing and Love and Other Drugs were filmed
- Explore a handful of Pittsburgh's 90 neighborhoods
Hotel and meals provided by VisitPittsburgh. Freelancers must have story assignment from editor. Transportation provided to qualified journalists. Guests welcome but transportation not covered.Read our full Visitation Guidelines.
For additional information or to RSVP to any of these scheduled press tours, please contact Kristin Mitchell by email or by calling 412.325.0287.