The current building is the second Kaufmann House. The first served as an educational and social institution for newly arrived immigrants and members of the Hill District neighborhood. The current site served the same purpose for blacks as the demographics of the Hill changed, and provided a popular social, recreation and leisure site. It is now operated by the Hill House.
Large Classical Revival structure (1928)