Opened in 1943 as a companion to the first Crawford Grill, this also became a major center for black social life on the Hill. It was owned by William A. (Gus) Greenlee, also the owner of the Pittsburgh Crawfords black baseball team. Notable musicians like Walt Harper, Dizzy Gillespie and Art Blakey drew racially mixed fans who came with the goal of enjoying an evening out.
Three-story brick building (1917) with "Sochatiff" at the top. Fair to good condition. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission (PHMC) marker.