Brief History Condition/Architectural Notes
Organized in 1891, by members who broke ranks with Ebenezer Baptist Church, this church, constructed in 1945, is symbolic of the organizational strengths of blacks in the late 19th century. The church became a center for spiritual and moral leadership in the Hill District. It is now home to one of the largest Baptist congregations in Pittsburgh. The first location, existing from at least 1900 to 1910, was at 55 Lawson St.
Tan brick building