Adult Admission: Starting at $20
Child Admission: Starting at $5 or $20
Senior Admission: Starting at $20
Parking Charge: n
Group Size: 8 or more
Pittsburgh Festival Opera is Western Pennsylvania's acclaimed midsummer performing arts festival, filled with operas sung in English, musical theater, concerts, family fare, touring performance, and intimate music drama for all ages. Productions in the company's 41st season in 2018 include:
- ARABELLA - Charming Viennese comedy by Richard Strauss
- LA BOHÈME WARHOLA - An Andy Warhol-influenced take on Puccini's beloved classic
- RHINEGOLD - The first opera in Richard Wagner's epic Ring Cycle (entire Ring Cycle being remounted over the next four years)
- BERNSTEIN ON BROADWAY: A Centennial Celebration - A Cabaret performance celebrating Leonard Bernstein's landmark Broadway scores
- GOLDIE B. LOCKS AND THE THREE SINGING BEARS - A 40-minute opera that's perfect for young audiences, based on the familiar children's story
- DAPHNE AND DIETRICH - A Cabaret performance by Pittsburgh's Daphne Alderson, singing the music that made Marlene Dietrich an international icon
- FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT - Excerpts from four winning commissions on stories that depict a woman's fight for the right to an education
Other events include recitals of music by Wagner and Strauss, lectures, late night cabaret, pre-show talks, opening night parties, and more!
Pittsburgh Festival Opera brings the power of world-class performances to humanize, energize and redefine opera as up-close and personal, approachable, and relevant. Breaking boundaries, PFO brings together audiences and artists of all backgrounds to engage in experiences that inspire and enthrall. The annual summer festival season presents a uniquely wide range of opera as theater, and theater as opera in a vibrant social context. Discounts include AAA, groups, and the VisitPITTSBURGH coupon book.