120 Fifth Avenue
Fifth Avenue Place, Suite 2800
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
1-877-LOVE PGH (568-3744)
Information Center and Gift Shop
Fifth Avenue Place ~ 1st Level
120 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
VisitPITTSBURGH is recruiting for On-Call Representatives at three Welcome Pittsburgh locations: Information Center and Gift Shop in Fifth Avenue Place, the David L. Lawrence Convention Center and Pittsburgh International Airport.
- Pay rate is $11.50/hour, not to exceed 1,000 hours per year. No benefits are provided.
- Positions available effective January 1, 2017.
- Position is hourly and non-exempt, and must be willing to work weekdays, weekends, holidays and special events.
- No guarantee work schedule. Transportation to and from work is unpaid.
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Extreme patience with the general public, interacting with sometimes confused or irritated customers.
- Able to listen effectively to discover the root cause of issues and communicate in a clear and friendly way to positively resolve conflicts with customers.
- Professional, friendly and courteous, and able to perform with grace under pressure.
- Greet visitors as a front-line ambassador, with tact, diplomacy and behavior adhering to our Code of Conduct.
- Flexible and ready to execute tasks and duties as assigned, within changing conditions, to meet time deadlines and ensure that goals and objectives are achieved.
- Retail experience, monetary skills and ability to perform cashier duties and complete sales transactions on a Point-of-Sale system is preferred.
- Must have current knowledge of the Pittsburgh area and a desire to express excitement while relaying pertinent Pittsburgh information.
- Computer savvy with MS Outlook, Word and Excel, and able to navigate the internet.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds and standing for long periods of time is required.
HOW TO APPLY: Send an email with attached cover letter of interest and resume to our HR Department. No calls, please.
VisitPITTSBURGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
VisitPITTSBURGH is recruiting for on-call employees in our Convention Services Department. Positions include Registrars, PittsburghHosts, Cashiers, and Information Table Clerks.
No benefits are provided and hours are limited, must be less than 1,000 per year.
Pay rates according to responsibilities:
- $10.25/hour for non-computer, non-cashier positions
- $12/hour for cashier and computer work
- Professional, friendly and courteous, demonstrating an upbeat and positive outlook
- Prior customer service experience and general knowledge about Pittsburgh and the surrounding area is a plus
- Outstanding customer service, interpersonal and communication and listening skills
- Acts as a front-line Ambassador with tact and diplomacy, and behavior adhering to our Code of Conduct
- Ability to lift 40 pounds, must be able to both walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to effectively communicate information to visitors
- Flexible and ready to execute tasks and duties as assigned, within changing conditions, to meet time deadlines and ensure that goals and objectives are achieved
- Proficiency of MS Office suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel
TO APPLY: E-mail a cover letter of interest and resume to email@example.com No calls please. VisitPITTSBURGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested in an internship with VisitPITTSBURGH?
An internship at VisitPittsburgh offers a unique and exciting opportunity for undergraduate and graduate interns to explore and experience the inner workings of a destination marketing organization. Internships offer a $20 per day stipend. For more information please review our internship brochure.
As the official TPA of Greater Pittsburgh, VisitPittsburgh is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employing professionals in the fields of Convention Sales and Services, marketing, communications, finance, and tourism and cultural heritage. We seek qualified individuals of varied skill sets to fill part-time and full-time career opportunities. VisitPittsburgh is a professional workplace environment offering competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.