Thinking of attending college in Pittsburgh? Coming for a campus visit? Look no further for information on hotel accommodations, restaurants and events to make your stay hassle-free and successful. Every campus has dorms and classrooms and activities. For a truly unique learning experience, visit Pittsburgh's rich arts, cultural, historical and outdoor attractions.
Pittsburgh is home to many world-class educational institutions, including Carnegie Mellon University, the University of Pittsburgh, Duquesne University, La Roche, Point Park University, Robert Morris University and Chatham University among others.
1. Make an appointment - confirm college tour times and interviews.
2. Book your travel in advance - visitpittsburgh.com offers information on hotels, restaurants, events, coupons and more.
3. Allow enough time - spend at least a half day at each school you're interested in attending.
4. Create an itinerary - budget your time and create a plan.
5. Plan something special - leave time for fun! Go to a ball game or on a hike, have dinner Downtown, see a show.
6. Remain objective
7. Interview the school. Relax, be yourself and come up with a good list of questions.
8. Get lost - venture to where the action is. Talk to students. Attend a class. Get a true sense of the personality and offerings of the school.
9. Take good notes and lots of photos
10. Study the region - half of your education will happen outside the classroom and off-campus.
11. Be realistic - seek comfort, not perfection.