Be Social with VisitPITTSBURGH
Tweet, Like and Be SOCIAL!
At VisitPittsburgh we''re dedicated to sharing your good news with our thousands of friends and followers through our various social media channels. Here are five great tips for you as a partner to take advantage of our efforts, and be part of the conversation!
- Make sure to "Like" our page on Facebook, we''ll make sure we "Like" you back!
- Follow us on Twitter at @vstpgh, again we''ll follow you back!
- If you have good news make sure to give us a heads up! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your stories, photos and more.
- Ask us questions, we won''t bite. New to the Social Media world? We''re happy to share our experiences and put you in touch with friends who can help.
- Get talking! It''s all about the conversation, so talk to us, your fans and followers. Answer questions directed to you and don''t be afraid to start a conversation. Don''t forget to be positive!
- 12 Things You Didn’t Know Facebook Could Do
The designers and engineers who build Facebook are anything but complacent about their success. They face a constant threat from the career-centric LinkedIn, specialized upstarts like Instagram’s mobile photo network and now Google’s fast-growing Google+, an attempt to improve on Facebook’s core design that has picked up tens of millions of users in its first few weeks.
- Why Destinations Still Don''t Get Social Media
With all of the talk, hype and promotion of social channels by tourism destinations most still do not understand how to communicate instead of sell. New Mexico Tourism does not get it, does your destination?
- Twitter Users Want Businesses to Answer Them
Users indicated that more responsive brands would benefit from greater loyalty and purchasing. Almost 60% of respondents said they would be more likely to follow a brand that answered them, and 64% said they would be more likely to make a purchase from that brand.
- A Portrait of Who Uses Social Networks in the U.S.
Did you know that out of all social networking users 92% partake in Facebook, 29% participate on MySpace, 18% are on LinkedIn and Twitter is the least utilized network with just 13% usage? Or that males on LinkedIn nearly double the number of females, yet female usage of Twitter almost doubles male usage?
- 20 Free, Awesome Social Media Monitoring Tools
Ready for a listening program? There are a wealth of free monitoring tools to choose from.
- 14 Blocks
14 Blocks looks into your followers activities to determine when they're online for each day of the week.
The Klout Score is the measurement of your overall online influence. Klout uses over 35 variables on Facebook and Twitter to measure True Reach, Amplification Probability, and Network Score.
- Social Mention
Social Mention is a social media search and analysis platform that aggregates user generated content from across the universe into a single stream of information.
- Tweet Grader
Twitter Grader is a free tool that allows you to check the power of your twitter profile compared to millions of other users that have been graded.
- Twitter Counter
Twitter Counter provides statistics of Twitter usage and tracks over 14 million users and counting. Next to that it offers Pro Twitter Stats for even more powerful statistics.