Pittsburgh Press Tours
VisitPittsburgh Invites You to Pittsburgh to Feel the Energy!
It's electrical! It's amazing! It's Pittsburgh!
Did you know...
- Pittsburgh was named one of the world's top travel destinations in 2013 by Jetsetter.com.
- FoxNews.com cited Pittsburgh as one of the top U.S. revival cities worth visiting.
- Business Week ranked Pittsburgh No. 11 in its listing of "America's Best 50 Cities."
- Independent Traveler listed Pittsburgh among the world’s nine "under the radar, hidden gems."
- ABC City Guides for Kids voted Pittsburgh as their #1 family fun destination.
- National Geographic Traveler named Pittsburgh among the 20 "must-see destinations" in the world.
Join us on a Press Tour
For additional information or to RSVP to any of these scheduled press tours listed below, please contact Kristin Mitchell by email or by calling 412-281-0482, x2550.
Hotel and meals provided by VisitPittsburgh. Freelancers must have story assignment from editor. Transportation provided to qualified journalists.
Dinner and a Movie
- Explore a variety of Pittsburgh's 89 neighborhoods to scout famous locations where popular movies were filmed, such as Batman, Flashdance, Jack Reacher and Perks of Being a Wallflower
- Take a guided architectural tour to see the city that's famous for its remarkable entrance
- Dine in some of the city's hot, new neighborhood restaurants to experience the flavors of Pittsburgh
Celebrate the Outdoors
- Bike the beautiful Three Rivers Heritage Trail along the riverfront and learn about Pittsburgh's industrial past
- Get on the water with Kayak Pittsburgh for some of the best views of the city
- Find your perfect piece of art at the annual Three Rivers Arts Festival
- Celebrate the grand opening of the iconic Point State Park fountain and its return to the Pittsburgh skyline
Optional:Depart Pittsburgh June 8 on a bus to Washington, D.C. to bike the Great Allegheny Passage, returning to Pittsburgh on June 15 to join in the Point Made! celebration for the completion of the trail.
Pride in the Streets
- Have big fun at Pittsburgh's largest LGBT outdoor party and concert and take in the entertainment of PrideFest
- Join a Pride March through downtown
- Party on the Andy Warhol Bridge
- Be a guest at Pittsburgh's first-ever "Commitment Ceremony" in beautiful Market Square
- Visit the world-renowned Andy Warhol Museum
Pittsburgh is Kidsburgh
- Feed the penguins and get up-close-and-personal with the birds at the National Aviary
- Ride the Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood Amusement Park, one of the scariest rollercoasters in the world, or go behind-the-scenes at the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium
- Visit Mister Rogers' Neighborhood at the Children's Museum
Pittsburgh Under the Radar
- Explore Pittsburgh's lesser-known, but wonderfully eclectic attractions
- For the art enthusiasts, find Andy Warhol's grave to see what fans leave behind
- Learn about the City of Asylum, a refuge to shelter writers from harm in their home countries
- Check out the collection of music boxes and other fascinating musical instruments at the unique Bayernhof Museum
Art and the Carnegie International
- Attend the festivities around the opening of the 56th annual Carnegie International at the Carnegie Museum of Art & Natural History
- Visit the funky Mattress Factory art installation museum
- Discover the many art galleries within the Cultural District
- Journey through Pittsburgh’s 30-year reinvention from an economy dependent on heavy industry to a highly-technological, hip and diverse place to live, work and visit! We'll check out attractions and neighborhoods that have been remade
- Learn about Pittsburgh's steel heritage and tour a former steel mill that’s converted into a tourist destination thanks to Rivers of Steel
- Dine in a former church turned brewery and visit former brown field sites that have evolved into entertainment complexes
Hotel and meals provided by VisitPittsburgh. Freelancers must have story assignment from editor. Transportation provided to qualified journalists. Guests welcome but transportation not covered.
For additional information or to RSVP to a scheduled press tour please contact Kristin Mitchell by email or by calling 412-281-0482, x2550.