|Location:||City of Pittsburgh|
|Address:||1400 Boyle St., Pittsburgh, PA 15212|
This black church was organized in 1837 to 1838 and was the second AME congregation west of the Allegheny Mountains. It represents the cohesiveness and early community-building skills of blacks faced with limited resources in Allegheny. The church bonded the black community of the North Side and provided moral, social and spiritual leadership.
Buff-Brick Neo-Gothic building