Founded in 1903 by Rev. Mack Holly, the congregation moved to its present location in 1927. The brick Gothic revival building was constructed at a cost of $130,000. Church membership grew fast. By 1944, there were 1,600 congregants. After a decline in membership in the 1960s, the congregation grew under the leadership of Rev. Jason Barr, Jr. in the 1980s and '90s, who expanded the church to more than 3,000 members, three Sunday services, 15 employees, and over 50 ministries. Pastor Barr's vision resulted in the founding of Macedonia Family and Community Enrichment Center (Macedonia FACE), a 501(c)(3) corporation that operates the Family Group Decision making program, HIV and AIDs education, the Macedonia Counseling Center, Freedom School, Ammon Recreation Center, and other social service programs. The Macedonia Development Corporation was also inspired by Pastor Barr's leadership.