Founded on August 27, 1927, this was one of the first all-black fire companies in Pennsylvania. At the time of its organization, there was no fire-fighting equipment, and buckets of water were used to douse fires. The company received its first hand-drawn chemical tank from Westinghouse Electric Company. This company was organized and run by blacks when there were almost no black-run fire stations in the county outside of Pittsburgh.
Two-story concrete-block-and-brick structure.