This 14-foot roadway measures 45 feet in length. It was built in 1910 and named for nearby farmer and Civil War veteran J.S. Harmon. Tom Peelor designed it and John Carnahan built it over Plum Creek. It cost $525 to build and it is the youngest of the county's four bridges.
The Kintersburg Covered Bridge, over Crooked Creek, was named for storekeeper Isaac Kinter when it was built in 1877. It is 68 feet long with a 16-foot roadway and cost $893 for builder J.S. Fleming. It has an unusual 10-foot overhang on each end.
Amos Thomas built the Thomas Covered Bridge over Crooked Creek between Creekside and Shelocta in 1879. It's the longest of the remaining covered bridges at 75 feet with a 14-foot roadway. Thomas spent $545 to erect the bridge. It was renovated in 1998 by the County Commissioners. You can drive through this one.
This 41-foot bridge with a 14-foot roadway is located over Plum Creek and was built in 1870. It was named for nearby property owner Robert Trusal. This bridge is the shortest and oldest of the area's bridges.
For more information about covered bridges in Indiana County visit the Indiana County Parks + Trails website.