Fairmont Pittsburgh Hotel & Porter Airlines to Sponsor a VisitPITTSBURGH Getaway Package
Fairmont Pittsburgh Hotel & Porter Airlines Join Several City Restaurants and Attractions to Sponsor a VisitPITTSBURGH Getaway Package for The Marilyn Denis Show's annual "10 Days of Giveaways" on CTV
CTV’s The Marilyn Denis Show is Canada’s #1 lifestyle series
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – On December 18, Marilyn Denis – one of Pittsburgh's biggest fans and host of Canada's #1 daytime lifetime series, CTV's The Marilyn Denis Show – surprised 75 members of her audience with a Pittsburgh Getaway Package live on-air. The gift, which was coordinated by VisitPITTSBURGH, was the grand prize of the daytime series' 10th and final day of its annual "10 Days of Giveaways" series. The prize package includes two nights' accommodations at the Fairmont Pittsburgh Hotel and free airline travel to and from Pittsburgh International Airport courtesy of Porter Airlines Inc., which recently started daily direct flights between Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport and Pittsburgh.
The Marilyn Denis Show has been the most-watched Canadian lifestyle series since its debut in 2011. Now in its sixth season, The Marilyn Denis Show's annual "10 Days of Giveaways" deliver some of the most-watched episodes of the year for the network. The Marilyn Denis Show airs live weekdays at 10 a.m. ET on CTV in Canada and on demand at Marilyn.ca. For more information on The Marilyn Denis Show's "10 Days of Giveaways," visit Marilyn.ca. Born in Edmonton, Alberta, Marilyn Denis was raised in the North Allegheny area of Pittsburgh, before returning to Canada to establish her successful television and radio career. Marilyn is also an avid Pittsburgh Steelers fan and often visits Pittsburgh to attend NFL games in the city. She also shares her love of the city often on social media (@MarilynDenisCTV) and regularly on The Marilyn Denis Show.
The Pittsburgh prize package, which can be redeemed anytime during 2016, also includes complimentary meals and entry fees to some of Pittsburgh’s most unique restaurants and attractions, including:
- The Andy Warhol Museum (the most comprehensive single-artist museum in the world and the global keeper of Andy Warhol’s legacy)
- Duquesne Incline (historic cable car, scaling the slopes of Mt. Washington since 1877 and today one of Pittsburgh’s most iconic attractions)
- National Aviary (America’s only independent indoor nonprofit zoo dedicated exclusively to birds)
- Pittsburgh Tours and More (offers one-of-a-kind tours that spotlight the best of Pittsburgh, including movies, culinary, craft beer and sports history tours)
- Monterey Bay Restaurant (located on Mt. Washington, it is just as famous for its mouthwatering fresh seafood and impeccable service as it is for its stunning panoramic views of Pittsburgh)
- Church Brew Works (opened in 1996 as the first and only brew pub in the country to be located in a historic church and has grown to be awarded the title of the Best Large Brewpub in America at the Great American Beer Festival)
- Pamela’s Diner (a local’s favorite breakfast destination with six locations, known for its hot cakes and Lyonnaise potatoes)
- Primanti Brother's Restaurant (home of the famous Primanti Brothers sandwich)
- Welcome PITTSBURGH Information Center and Gift Shop (one-stop shop for everything to see and do in Pittsburgh and gift shop with treasure trove of special souvenirs)
"This will generate excellent exposure for our city, provide an opportunity for us to share the Pittsburgh story with The Marilyn Denis Show viewers across Canada, and to show why our city is being called 'cool,' 'hip' and a 'Must-See Place to Visit,'" said Craig Davis, president and CEO of VisitPITTSBURGH. "The Marilyn Denis Show wanted their audience to experience some of Marilyn's favorite Pittsburgh restaurants and attractions and to see things that that you can only find in Pittsburgh...and we look forward to welcoming her fans to our city next year."
"The Toronto market is a very important one for us, and we jumped at the opportunity to reach Marilyn Denis' audience," said Matthew Sterne, general manager of the Four Diamond Fairmont Pittsburgh. "We love Marilyn's Pittsburgh connection and know that she is a trusted source in Canada. We also know that visitors need only experience Pittsburgh once to understand what makes our city so special, and we look forward to welcoming these guests to Fairmont Pittsburgh."
"As one of our newest destinations, this is a unique opportunity to showcase the great city of Pittsburgh and the service Porter provides," said Kevin Jackson, senior vice president and chief marketing officer of Porter Airlines. "Marilyn's genuine enthusiasm for the city, plus the excitement of 75 prize winners will draw even more visitors."
About Porter Airlines
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating® and also rated as Best Regional Airline in North America by Skytrax. Vacation packages are available from Porter Escapes at www.porterescapes.com. Visit www.flyporter.com for more information.
About Fairmont Pittsburgh
Located in the heart of downtown Pittsburgh, Fairmont Pittsburgh is the city's first LEED® Gold certified hotel. The contemporary Four Diamond property is home to 185 luxurious guest rooms and suites, Habitat restaurant, Andys bar and the Health Club & Spa at Fairmont Pittsburgh. For more information and reservations, visit fairmont.com/pittsburgh.
VisitPITTSBURGH is the official tourism marketing and promotion agency of the Pittsburgh region. For more information, visit www.visitpittsburgh.com.
Director of Communications and Public Affairs
Director of Public Relations
Publicist, CTV Networks
The Marilyn Denis Show
Vice President of Communications