VisitPITTSBURGH is recruiting for a temporary Sports Development Assistant.
- This is a temporary position, limited to less than 1,000 hours.
- Pay rate is $11/hour, no benefits provided. Transportation to and from work is unpaid.
- Position is effective January 2017 through December 2017. Start and end dates are flexible.
- Candidate must be available to work 35 hours per week (Mon – Fri, 9 am – 5 pm) during the effective dates and available to work extra hours as needed, graduate or college upperclassmen is preferred.
VisitPITTSBURGH is the official tourism promotion agency for Allegheny County. The 501(c)(6) non-profit, membership organization is dedicated to generating convention, trade show and leisure travel business for the Pittsburgh region.
This positions assists SportsPITTSBURGH, the sports development division of VisitPITTSBURGH, with social media, communications, public relations, event and digital marketing efforts that support the Sports Development department’s goals. This position reports to the Sports Marketing Manager.
- Activate and monitor social media plan for SportsPITTSBURGH
- Develop content for digital newsletter and blog
- Activate SportsPITTSBURGH branding through advertising and marketing efforts
- Maintain public relations plan for 2017
- Update website content including calendar of events and venue database
- Maintain CRM/CMS system
- Conduct industry specific research, as needed
- Manage event specific projects, as assigned
- Provide on-site assistance, as needed, at hosted events
- Ability to develop creative social media campaigns
- Working knowledge of digital marketing and social media best practices
- Ability to navigate social media aggregators
- Advanced communication and writing skills
- Detail oriented, organized, a self-starter and able to adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work proactively and independently to accomplish assigned goals
- Ability to work on multiple tasks within a rapid-paced work environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Graduate student preferred, or a senior working towards degree in Communications/Sports Management or Business related field
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter of interest and resume by November 21, to Miranda Peto, Sports Marketing Manager. No calls, please.
VisitPITTSBURGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer
VisitPITTSBURGH is recruiting for a temporary Housing Services Coordinator.
- Position is effective January 3 - October 27, 2017, not to exceed 1,000 hours. Start and end dates are flexible.
- Pay rate is commensurate with experience. No additional benefits provided.
- Must be available to work a flexible work schedule averaging 21 hours per week.
- Transportation to and from work is unpaid.
Assist in the coordination of Housing Reservation Services through administrative, organizational and operational support of a central housing reservations service for delegates attending area conventions and events.
- Assist Housing Director in creation of housing website
- Enter reservation data into the housing software
- Prepare hotel reservation requests for processing
- Send acknowledgement forms to delegates
- Address delegate questions and concerns regarding hotel accommodations
- Answer telephone and email requests for housing reservations
- Perform reconciliation of housing reservation reports
- Interact with hotel reservation agents concerning reservations and inventory management
- Assist Housing Director with hotel inventory management
- Assist Housing Director with preparing invoices to hotels for collection of housing reservation fees
- Professional self-starter with initiative to learn the functions of Housing Services and the reservation system, take on tasks as assigned, and work proactively and independently to accomplish assigned tasks and goals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to effectively communicate information to meeting and event planners, delegates and partners.
- Organized and a logical and rational thinker and team player, able to multi-task and meet deadlines in a rapid-paced work environment.
- Strong interpersonal, tact, diplomacy, creativity, and customer service skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel). Knowledge of basic HTML, web design, hotel reservation systems (specifically Lanyon Passkey), preferred. Knowledge of accommodations and services available at local hotels, social media and database management is a plus.
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter of interest, resume and one professional reference to our HR Department. No calls, please.
VisitPITTSBURGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
VisitPITTSBURGH is recruiting for On-Call Representatives at three Welcome Pittsburgh locations: Information Center and Gift Shop in Fifth Avenue Place, the David L. Lawrence Convention Center and Pittsburgh International Airport.
- Pay rate is $11.50/hour, not to exceed 1,000 hours per year. No benefits are provided.
- Positions available effective January 1, 2017.
- Position is hourly and non-exempt, and must be willing to work weekdays, weekends, holidays and special events.
- No guarantee work schedule. Transportation to and from work is unpaid.
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Extreme patience with the general public, interacting with sometimes confused or irritated customers.
- Able to listen effectively to discover the root cause of issues and communicate in a clear and friendly way to positively resolve conflicts with customers.
- Professional, friendly and courteous, and able to perform with grace under pressure.
- Greet visitors as a front-line ambassador, with tact, diplomacy and behavior adhering to our Code of Conduct.
- Flexible and ready to execute tasks and duties as assigned, within changing conditions, to meet time deadlines and ensure that goals and objectives are achieved.
- Retail experience, monetary skills and ability to perform cashier duties and complete sales transactions on a Point-of-Sale system is preferred.
- Must have current knowledge of the Pittsburgh area and a desire to express excitement while relaying pertinent Pittsburgh information.
- Computer savvy with MS Outlook, Word and Excel, and able to navigate the internet.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds and standing for long periods of time is required.
HOW TO APPLY: Send an email with attached cover letter of interest and resume to our HR Department. No calls, please.
VisitPITTSBURGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested in an internship with VisitPITTSBURGH?
An internship at VisitPittsburgh offers a unique and exciting opportunity for undergraduate and graduate interns to explore and experience the inner workings of a destination marketing organization. Internships offer a $20 per day stipend. For more information please review our internship brochure.
As the official TPA of Greater Pittsburgh, VisitPittsburgh is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employing professionals in the fields of Convention Sales and Services, marketing, communications, finance, and tourism and cultural heritage. We seek qualified individuals of varied skill sets to fill part-time and full-time career opportunities. VisitPittsburgh is a professional workplace environment offering competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.